1. Grateful for good advice. Today we made some big decisions based on some sound advice we received from a very wise somebody. I guess sometimes you fail to see what is right in front of you and it takes an objective third party to put things into perspective. More to follow on this topic in the next few days.
2. Grateful for simple pleasures. So I bought both Hannah and Liam these peak caps from Ackermans – cost me like R40 each and really they aren’t anything special. But you have to see them with their caps… they don’t want to take them off, I find them in front of the mirror checking themselves out, then they swop caps to see who looks better in which one. I never get tired of watching how simple things can bring such delight to little children. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
3. Grateful for the week we spent with my mother. She leaves today and although we’ll see each other again for Christmas, I still feel sad! But it was a good week, and even at age 31 it still feels good to have my mother around.
4. Grateful for the weekend. Who isn’t? This weekend is full of birthday parties, family lunches and meeting up with best friends – I wouldn’t want it any other way.
5. Grateful that the end of the work year is nigh. I only have a week left at work and I can’t wait to go on leave. Not because I don’t like my job, just because it’s been a long year – I want to sleep in, stay in my pj’s all day, tan by the pool, eat chocolate for breakfast, photograph my children to the point of irritation and bake butter cookies and eat them straight from the oven.
6. Grateful for my fabulous #Bloggersecretsanta gift. I love getting goodies in the post and my secret santa (aka the blessed barrenness) knows me surprisingly well – I was spoilt with the most precious trinkets and a pair of earrings I would have literally chosen for myself without hesitation.
7. Grateful that my hair is so fresh and so clean-clean. Yesterday I had a fight with one of the sprinklers on the irrigation system – it wasn’t working so I tinkered with it while the power was on and let’s just say it came to life and won the fight. I was sprayed wet from head to toe and you all know my hair woes… this is not a nice thing to happen to a Coloured girl with already blow dried hair. Everyone thought it was the funniest thing ever, but I was MAD! I have a function to attend tonight and there was NO way I was going to go with a ‘fro but I was not prepared to waste another hour of my life beating my hair into submission with a flat iron – not my idea of fun on a Thursday evening. But thank goodness for my mother who blow dried my hair and fixed me up.
Happy Friday folks, count your blessings! xxx