Oh golly, wonderful mom of three Cindy, over at 3 Kids, 2 Dogs, 1 Old House kindly awarded me with this baby:
Head over and check out her blog, and please read that bit about how her mother in law makes her lunch every day! So thoughtful – I love that!
Anyway, thanks Cindy for my award 🙂 I’ll try to stick to the rules as much as possible but I’m a bit of a reckless rule breaker (OK I’m not, I’m pretty much a stickler nerd when it comes to rules).
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to them in your post.
- Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
- Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
First rule I’m going to break: 11 is an odd number and I’m an even number sort of girl, so let’s just call it FOUR OK?
Here are Cindy’s questions to me, along with my answers.
Do you have a program that you watch that you know is absolutely terrible but you can’t help but watch it, just to see how bad it is? You know like Jerseylicious and that kind of stuff.
I love reality TV. Even though my husband says this cannot be true because I spend the entire show yelling at the TV about how utterly STUPID said show is. I can’t say I find it fascinating, intriguing or even mildly amusing to watch these poor people make complete fools of themselves, I think it’s more like an accident scene: you know you shouldn’t look, but you just can’t tear your eyes away. I watch it all, except for that Honey Booboo show because THAT is true drivel.
Do you do gas or electric heating? Or are you blessed with a fireplace? (If you have a fire place don’t even tell me, I might just die of jealousy).
We have a gas fireplace (sorry Cindy!) and it has real flames that make it look like a REAL fireplace but it’s actually just for show. The coals even turn red and stuff. This will be our first Winter in our house so we haven’t used it yet, nor any other heating device. In the kids rooms we use oil heaters, and I have electric blankies for our beds. Now that I think about it, can’t believe it’s almost July in Johannesburg and I haven’t used any of these things yet?
Do you know about this thing called “sleep”? Can you tell me more about it?
Cindy, please don’t be a hater because in all fairness I did pull my time. HAAA! Liam was born a horrible sleeper and only slept through after two years old. Hannah was born a pretty good sleeper although she still has the occassional night of terror (nights of terror for me, not her). So I must admit that I am getting pretty good sleep these days!
If you could eat the same thing every day for the rest of your life what would it be?
You know, this is a difficult question for someone who LOVES food. No fair. I love a good piece of steak, but what would steak be without a delicious starchy side? And what would THAT be without a hunk of fresh hot bread to start with. Oh but chunky bread reminds of me thick soups perfect for Winter. And then soup reminds me of roasted butternut (my favourite soup) and if I think of roast vegetables then I think of roast chicken. Oh maaaaan, I’m STARVING!
What do you do with all your “donkeys”? (Loose change that you can’t really use?)
Shame, I give them to the car guards! And I use them as rewards for the kids, they still think you can actually buy something with 10 cents.
If you don’t/didn’t have a partner, which famous celeb would you want to date?
I don’t know that I would want to date a celeb – too much like hard work. And cameras in your face every day. No thanks. It gets old quick, ask my kids.
Which celebrity do you think you look like?
Well I was very upset when someone told me I look like Sade, the singer… because… of my BIG FOREHEAD. Imagine that! I look nothing like her except that we both have big heads, that’s all.
My 4 Questions To Be Answered:
1. How much is that doggy in the window? The one with the waggly tail?
OK I’m kidding, question 1 was just a joke.
- What is your best feature and why?
- If you could be anyone else for a day, who would you be and why?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If you had an extra hour in the day, what would you do with it?
Random Facts About Me
- I don’t have any grey hairs. Pretty good huh, beat that!
- I can’t stand chewed bubblegum. I have this fear of chewed bubblegum, I can’t even bear to look at a blob of chewed gum. I can’t stand watching someone chew gum and that little squishing noise it makes.. eeuuw.
- I’ve only started removing my make up after a night out and religiously plastering on the night cream this year. At the age of 31. I still look 16 so it doesn’t matter.
- My parents forgot me at church this one time when I was like 9 or 10. I still haven’t gotten over it. Ok, I have, but I like to remind them of their poor parenting moment.
Four blogs I nominate:
Ps: I had to Google this word “Liebster” – it really bothered me that I had no idea what it meant yet I received an award for it.. got this online:
Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.