A few weeks ago, I was invited to the launch of the Barbie Premium Experience exclusive to Royal Caribbean International. It was not your everyday product launch, oh no, this competition will see a local family of four win a cruise fit for a Barbie princess. If your daughter is Barbie verskrik, you have GOT to enter this competition. Like seriously, you have to. I am not even playing with you right now. However, even if your kid is not Barbie verskrik, like my Hannah, you still need to enter. I’m hoping that by the time the prize is drawn I would have indoctrinated Hannah enough. You see, while this is, no doubt, an amazing adventure for a little Barbie enthusiast, it is also a cracking experience for the whole family.
So what’s this all about you ask?
First of all, there’s a free holiday up for grabs. If that doesn’t grab you, then I don’t know what will. Secondly, it’s a CRUISE! Did you know that cruises are becoming THE holiday of choice for families? They are gaining popularity for a number of reasons, here’s just a few…
- Cruises are not as expensive as you think. You pay your fee which generally includes EVERYTHING for the duration of your stay on board.
- You get to visit several destinations in one holiday depending on where your ship docks and for how long.
- Kids have age appropriate full day agendas with activities that keep them well entertained. This is my favourite part – as a mother of two young children, a holiday isn’t really a holiday when I have to see to the kids all day long. However, there are also hosts of activities that both parents and children can enjoy together.
- A ship is a very safe and secure environment to holiday and the onboard childcare facilities means that parents can have as much alone time as they’d like, knowing their kids are well looked after.
So anyway, Royal Caribbean International has a new offering: The Barbie Premium Experience package.
“The Barbie™ Premuim Experience package is another product of Royal Caribbean International’s celebrated 40-year legacy of cruising innovation. The experience begins in girls’ Barbie-themed staterooms, where they’ll also find complimentary Barbie™ dolls and other keepsakes.
Their on-board activities include a tiaras and teacups party, featuring a whimsical palate of pink pastries and pink lemonade served on dainty dishes, along with fun tips on table etiquette. There’s a mermaid dance class, where girls will learn moves from the hit movie, Barbie in a Mermaid Tale 2.
They’ll then learn to create their very own Barbie-style clothing at a fashion designer workshop. Later they will star in a fashion show, where they will display their fashion creations and perform their dance routine to the admiration and applause of their family and friends.”
Isn’t that exciting?! I know a lot of little girls who would give up their Barbie collection for this experience.
But wait, here’s the best bit:
“Now, to bring family-friendly cruising to the attention of South Africans, Cruises International, Royal Caribbean International and Blue Horizon Licensing are offering families the chance to win a seven-night Mediterranean Barbie™ Premium Experience cruise for four on board Royal Caribbean International’s Liberty of the Seas, sailing from Barcelona.”
That’s right, from the 1st September until the 24th December 2013, you will be able to enter this competition to stand in line to win this fantastic prize. You will need to buy a qualifying Barbie product at a participating retailer in order to enter. For more details on how to enter and to take a look at what this fabulous prize includes, visit www.barbiecruiseholiday.co.za. Also note, there are other fantastic prizes to the value of R20 000 to be won.
But of course, I know you guys want something to win NOW! So to get you in the competition winning mode, I have a lovely hamper for one lucky little girl to win. The hamper includes:
- 1 x Barbie Glam black & pink trolley
- 1 x Barbie Party hamper for 12 girls including:
- Barbie invites & envelopes
- Barbie gift bags
- Barbie lucky packets
- Barbie cups & straws
- Barbie serviettes
- Barbie party hats
- Barbie Cupcake mix
- Barbie bubbles
- Barbie magic facecloths
- Barbie various confectionary
If you’d like to stand a chance to win this incredible hamper, all you need to do is leave me a comment with the age of your little girl(s) and tell me something amazing about your princess(s). It does not have to be Barbie related at all! We’ll randomly draw a lucky winner on 5th September. Good luck!